viernes, 12 de junio de 2009

The best in my area

I think that the best in my area, and in my country is Sonia Montecino Aguirre, she is a social anthropologist from the University of Chile, she was born in november in 1954. She is married with another important social anthropologist called Rolf Foerster, he is a structuralism teacher in the Universtity of Chile. Nowadays I'm studying gender anthropology, and I had to read a book by Montecino, "Madres y Huachos: alegorías del mestizaje", I think that the book is really great, because I could understand all the concepts about women and why chileans are so chauvinists.
She has published essays, books and a lot of articles. She has been dedicated to the study of gender and ethnic identities and the relations between Antrhopology and literature. She is editor of the Chilean Magazzine. What I like about her is the kind of things that she studies, like miths, gender, cooking, indigenous. I admire her because she has made a big contribution to the anthropology and she also has been
prizewinner with important prizes like Altazor.




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario